Photobucket Ransom

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
So I and apparently many others have been hit with the "give us money or none of your photos will work anymore" email/message. I have been using photobucket for such a long time on all my build threads, never changing names or locations so my links would always work etc. Now there is NO way I am giving them $400 a yr for a service they have always offered for free. But I am just not sure what to do now either. Any of you going through this? What are you doing? Where are you going to host new pictures?

I am so thankful that AC has on-site hosting now so most of my more recent pictures will work still but there are still ones that will be gone. I've been moving away from PB anyway for several reasons. I am approaching my free limit 83%, I have issues every time trying to use the site and so on. I'm quite pissed about this, ruins all my journals! UGH

Andytay70

AC Members
Jun 20, 2017
I honestly think this will be the demise of photobucket now that they have become money grabbers.
All my stuff has been removed from the site and i recommend others do the same.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Get your stuff as soon as you can and post new threads... :rolleyes:

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Oh yeah I already grabbed all my stuff, even though I am 99% sure I have it all backed-up anyways. This will definitely be their undoing, they are not doing well right now anyways so this seems like a really dumb move on there part or at least a desperate grab for money before sinking.

post new threads... :rolleyes:
Like redo all my old threads? HA! Good one....... Hmmm, probably wouldn't be that bad actually lol Just photo journals to go with old ones.

I left all my pictures on PB though. Figured that would at least make them waste that space for a while and MAYBE they will wise up and restore it (wishful thinking).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store