New to forum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Craig_D

Registered Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi all

New to this forum but not entirely new to fish keeping, start off with a fluval flex 57 around 2 years ago then upgraded to fluval 90 (23g) now just upgraded to a roma 125 (33g) last week or so. Very addictive hobby and so much to learn.

33g

Stock led (fluval aquasky on the way)
U3 internal filter (still running u2 from old tank also for BB)
Just planted, bit of a plant and hope using seachem root tabs,excel & tropica ferts
2 sunset honey gourami females
15 cardinal tetra
4 ottos
5 rummy nosed tetra
3 golden eyed cichlid
Amano shrimp, possibly 6

35AE80DE-9C3A-4A0E-9668-ABDA7A5F1696.jpeg

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Very nice looking setup!

Ottos do best in a well aged tank with lots of bio films for them to graze on, so be sure to feed them blanched veggies and quality veggie wafers.

I'd probably reduce the bubbles and minimize surface agitation to keep as much CO2 in the water column as possible for the plants.

Reactions: Craig_D

Craig_D

Registered Member
Jan 12, 2020
Very nice looking setup!

Ottos do best in a well aged tank with lots of bio films for them to graze on, so be sure to feed them blanched veggies and quality veggie wafers.

I'd probably reduce the bubbles and minimize surface agitation to keep as much CO2 in the water column as possible for the plants.
Thank you was my first time using rock like that and spider wood.

As for ottos I was aware of the aged tank but can only have one one running at a time so just had to have them jump to this new one, the seem to be feeding on the gunky stuff coming off of my new spider wood atm until it dies off along with wafers.

Thanks for the tip on bubbles/ surface agitation I will change outlet on filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store