Condensation inside new heater?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Did you let the heater come up to room temperature before you put it in the tank?

What brand and model heater is it?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Not sure as it is already in the tank. Did you get instructions with the heater or on the box?

A quick online search shows the heater is fully submersible and needs to be completely under water unless I am looking at the wrong heater.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Rapid changes in temperature can cause condensation in for example cameras as well. Like Dee said let it come up to room temperature first
Will this cause troubles like electric shock for me and fish and or heater failure?
Not sure as it is already in the tank. Did you get instructions with the heater or on the box?

A quick online search shows the heater is fully submersible and needs to be completely under water unless I am looking at the wrong heater.
I could take it out for the night and let it adjust?

Could you post photo of the heater?

Maybe it is this one you were looking at?:

8950C2C4-836D-470C-BD5B-5EA3DBAC9693.jpeg

If it really must be fully submersible, the cable can be submersed as well? And why is there a minimum water level thing?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
It has a minimum water level because it is made to be submersible, and would overheat otherwise. The condensation might go away after heating the tank for a day. Right now it's some fogging because the temperature inside the heater is higher as the water, and this causes water vapor in the air inside the heater to condensate on the colder areas like it does on the mirror in the bathroom when you take a shower. If it is still there monday you might want to contact the seller in case they want to replace it.

Reactions: Sprinkle and dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store