Trying to Find a Particular Sized Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishGuy456

AC Members
Jan 3, 2021
Greetings all, and happy new year. I am a newbie to the forum so be gentle with me...lol I am trying to find a 40 Gallon Long aquarium 48 inches long The tank has the same dimensions as a 55 Gallon aquarium.

Aqueoun used to carry them but no longer......any help is appreciated.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
If you're set on the 40 gallon long, your best bet will be searching for a used one.

I'm pretty sure Aqueon still makes 33 gallon long tanks. Same 48" x 13" footprint as a 55 gallon tank, but only 12" tall.

WYite

Reactions: FishGuy456

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Have you asked if the big box stores can order it for you? They "can" get many more sizes than they keep in stock...& sometimes there are locals that can make "other size" tanks as needed for lfs non-chains. Time for some phone calls or emails.

But like WYite said, used is also an option. I had a home made 40 long rimless made with very thick glass, it weighed a ton! But I paid $5 for it & a 10g because they didn't want to have to move it ever again. Ask on Craig's list, Nextdoor etc., no telling what someone might want to just get rid of...I gave mine away before moving...you might get lucky!

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FishGuy456

AC Members
Jan 3, 2021
If you're set on the 40 gallon long, your best bet will be searching for a used one.

I'm pretty sure Aqueon still makes 33 gallon long tanks. Same 48" x 13" footprint as a 55 gallon tank, but only 12" tall.

WYite
Thanks for the info, very helpful.

FishGuy456

AC Members
Jan 3, 2021
Have you asked if the big box stores can order it for you? They "can" get many more sizes than they keep in stock...& sometimes there are locals that can make "other size" tanks as needed for lfs non-chains. Time for some phone calls or emails.

But like WYite said, used is also an option. I had a home made 40 long rimless made with very thick glass, it weighed a ton! But I paid $5 for it & a 10g because they didn't want to have to move it ever again. Ask on Craig's list, Nextdoor etc., no telling what someone might want to just get rid of...I gave mine away before moving...you might get lucky!
Yes, I checked with the big box stores but no luck.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
That's a rare size. I've seen them, but it's been awhile. You'd have to order that one through a local fish store. As said above, maybe a chain pet store could order one for you too.

FishGuy456

AC Members
Jan 3, 2021
That's a rare size. I've seen them, but it's been awhile. You'd have to order that one through a local fish store. As said above, maybe a chain pet store could order one for you too.
I've youtube videos (Prime time aquatics) showing this size tank.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I have two of these tanks. I have seen them as 40L and 45L. One I bought used and the other new from glasscages.com.
I bought a number of tanks from them until they became unreliable. I stopped using them a number of years ago. They used to deliver tanks and their trucks always broke down, but it appears as if now you must either pick up in TN or they will ship via a carrier. Tanks are not cheap to ship and they appear to have given up their shipping in their own trucks.

I also have 6 of the 33L. Those are not that hard to locate.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FishGuy456

AC Members
Jan 3, 2021
I have two of these tanks. I have seen them as 40L and 45L. One I bought used and the other new from glasscages.com.
I bought a number of tanks from them until they became unreliable. I stopped using them a number of years ago. They used to deliver tanks and their trucks always broke down, but it appears as if now you must either pick up in TN or they will ship via a carrier. Tanks are not cheap to ship and they appear to have given up their shipping in their own trucks.

I also have 6 of the 33L. Those are not that hard to locate.
Thanks for the input / info.......While browsing the web, I did see there website. I might just have to do the Acrylic option but, the prices are ridiculous for them.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've only had 1 acrylic tank given to me & I passed it on after I saw the wide top edge bracing & very small holes for filter, plugs etc...

Do you live near a big city? Might be worth expanding your search, more phone calls & a drive...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store