New geo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Completely agree, convicts get bigger than people think ( had one about 7” and extremely deep bodied and thick and as mean as any jag or RD
I had a wild caught male back when I was in college that was a solid 6". Unfortunately most of the domestic strains are so in-bred that even the males rarely reach 5". They're still just as mean and nasty though.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I had a wild caught male back when I was in college that was a solid 6". Unfortunately most of the domestic strains are so in-bred that even the males rarely reach 5". They're still just as mean and nasty though.

WYite
I bet a WC convict was pretty cool I don’t know if mine was wild or not, it was huge but it was a pink convict. Do pinks exist in the wild?

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Pinks are all probably tank bred. Even if the morph appeared in a wild population, it probably wouldn't last long because it would stick out like a sore thumb and be especially susceptible to predation.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Pinks are all probably tank bred. Even if the morph appeared in a wild population, it probably wouldn't last long because it would stick out like a sore thumb and be especially susceptible to predation.

WYite
Ya that’s a good point, didn’t think about that, this was in the late 80s, so maybe they weren’t inbred as bad yet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store