My latest project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I decided to tear down my community tank, communities are not really my thing but I made the mistake of thinking a community tank would help draw my wife into the hobby since she likes community fish. Didn’t work lol So i decided to do my thing with the 75 and set up a rift cichlid tank. The Xmas fulu is one of my fry i sold to a friend that I was able to get back and same with the fryeri. The rest are various Aulonocara except for 7 sulpherhead/zebra hybrids. I thought they looked cool and they all look somewhat different from each other. I rescaped the tank to resemble the Malawi lake and added the canopy. I’ll be adding a tiger tangerine , Protomelas taeniolatus and an OB Z-Rock and and a few synos probably next month.

Reactions: IceH2O

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
very noce set up! Probably communities not my thing either but what would i put in my 33 gallon 80x35x45 tank? I would like fancy goldie buy they get huge and i dont wanna abuse a fishie *^* maybe i would tear it down?
You can do a lot with a 33g, what else do you like besides goldfish?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
You can do a lot with a 33g, what else do you like besides goldfish?
I like bettas but they do nothing besides dying lol, livebearers but they are so infested with flukes, internal worms and parasites. I like cichlids too but im keeping my shrimps so no. Rainbowfish bosemani, those cute fat ones but none of my stores sell them. Idk what else.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I like your before and after.

Their really isn't a setup I don't like, although I do like to have a center piece fish or 3 in my community-ish setups.

Once I do a setup, i'm into it long term like years.

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
That looks pretty good, I like both settings and the substrate looks natural, don't try to convince your wife to get into the hobby, it won't work lol.
Thanks, i would’ve preferred to use sand, but i didn’t feel like replacing the substrate. Haha Nope it just pissed her off trying to get her in to it. She thinks they’re pretty and that’s about all I get from her

Reactions: Lalo J.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Looks good. Nice set up and fish. Should look really nice when everyone gets settled in and starts showing their best colors. But hybrids? ? I know hybrids, from hybrid peacocks to flowerhorns to parrots, are so common these days that it's pretty hard to avoid them for the casual hobbyist. But the thought still makes me cringe a bit. Ten years ago the word hybrid in a post would have been impetus for a holy crusade in the name of the mightiest fish god of them all, Cichlidae, lol, so I have grown out of it some. ;)

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store