Lighting ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
the small kessils are cheaper I believe. Personally I prefer the color from the AI lights though.

but for a rift lak tank, it may look better with reef lighting rather than FW planted; but it's a personal decision.

the best of luck with the lights though, be sure to post before and after pictures once you have something set up !
I agree that reef lights would look pretty sweet. I’m thinking I might use cheapo ebay par reef bulbs at first to make sure this works ok, but I’ll definitely post some pics if do it.

Reactions: dougall

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
the actinic/UV side of the lighting really brings out the blue specks in a lit of reef lake fish.. You really want more blue then red or green lighting for the to look good (IMHO)

Last edited:
Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
the actinic/UV side of the lighting really brings out the blue specks in a lit of reef lake fish.. You really want more blue then red or green lighting for the to look good (IMHO)
Ya that’s probably true, I used to keep reefs and always went heavy on the blue.

Reactions: dougall

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I made some adjustments to my current lighting and was able to get it pretty close to what i was going for. I mounted my led strip on the underside of canopy instead of resting it on the glass and added a second strip mounted in the back and set it on blue. Unfortunately if I take a pic or vid, it doesn’t show, just looks white lol maybe I’ll try when it gets dark

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
So long as you are happy with it :) that's the big thing!

Reactions: FishAddict74
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store