20L Betta tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Cool. That hellboy is an awesome looking fish.

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
It amazes me how many varieties there are these days.

WYite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Yup. The candy copper, nemo copper and nemo candy copper are new color variants.
I remember when you had blue, red, blond (I used to know all the technical names) and greenish blue with some different coloration on the fins, some variation in the fin shape and variation in iridescence. I remember the first time I saw a black and thought that they could never get any cooler. And then a white with purplish iridescence came along. Those were the days, lol. I used to read a monthly column in Freshwater and Marine Aquarium called "Bettas and More..." where a lot of genetics was discussed. The author was Dr. Gene Lucas, who was an expert in bettas and betta genetics and one of the founders of the International Betta Congress. He discussed the potential for new color variations, but I don't remember anything as variable as what we actually see today.

WYite

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Bettas in the beginning had standard colors and the females used to be brown with colored fins. Now females can be as Vibrant as the males. I only have a one single color betta and that’s my super red giant, I’m not big on single colors anymore. I love seeing all those colorful bettas and seeing the prices changes between the store bought versus imported.

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
That tank could be improved imo I would get natural barriers like glue bark and shrub wood things to those panels to make a natural look and maybe you could return 1 of the fish so they get more space all those fish are maybe getting 4 gallons that’s very laterally compressed

• Sad

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
That tank could be improved imo I would get natural barriers like glue bark and shrub wood things to those panels to make a natural look and maybe you could return 1 of the fish so they get more space all those fish are maybe getting 4 gallons that’s very laterally compressed
Really? You just posted that it's okay to keep a 12" knife fish in a 20 gallon long and that goldfish can be kept in a 20 gallon tank if you decrease the water temperature.

Vincenia Vincenia Your tank is set up very well Vincenia and looks nice.

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store