Oranda turning black

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
B Butters.rocks , is the tank 20 litres or a 20 gallon long?

I don't think there is a problem with the black color increasing but I'll let others with more Orandas answer that question.

Reactions: Sprinkle

Butters.rocks

AC Members
Apr 9, 2021
How fast would you find and set up a 4ft tank? If you do fin one quite fast, she may not get stunted that fast. The biggest worry here is her growth stunting, meaning she wouldnt live that long.
No problem ?
Yeah I definitely don't want her to have a short life :( It would be a while unless I get a storage bin that holds 50 gallons, they're fairly inexpensive

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Yeah I definitely don't want her to have a short life :( It would be a while unless I get a storage bin that holds 50 gallons, they're fairly inexpensive
I completely understand, I know how tanks can be expensive. Storage boxes are inexpensive, but have you looked for a second hand tank on FB Marketplace? I got my 27 gallon from Gumtree.

Butters.rocks

AC Members
Apr 9, 2021
I completely understand, I know how tanks can be expensive. Storage boxes are inexpensive, but have you looked for a second hand tank on FB Marketplace? I got my 27 gallon from Gumtree.
I have been looking but no good ones available locally right now. The only issue is a tank, I have a filter. I have two filters going on Juliet's so hopefully that will help a little while and it can buty me time to look for the best option

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I have been looking but no good ones available locally right now. The only issue is a tank, I have a filter. I have two filters going on Juliet's so hopefully that will help a little while and it can buty me time to look for the best option
yeah i would just rock on and find a 4ft long storage box. i thought once about doing my own tank, like having multiple storage boxes glued together with aquarium safe silicone. so if you dont find big enough storage box or better tank do that. i wouldnt have other idea but that would be cheaper option :)

Butters.rocks

AC Members
Apr 9, 2021
yeah i would just rock on and find a 4ft long storage box. i thought once about doing my own tank, like having multiple storage boxes glued together with aquarium safe silicone. so if you dont find big enough storage box or better tank do that. i wouldnt have other idea but that would be cheaper option :)

I like that idea:) and it's more important for the fish to be happy than to be in a pretty tank. And again thank you so much for being so helpful:) I will definitely ask my questions on here from now on.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
B Butters.rocks , is the existing tank 20 litres or 20 gallons?

• Sad

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store