Rainbow shark vertical position

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Abishek Nair

Registered Member
May 9, 2021
I am noticing my rainbow shark settling at a corner of tank for last two days in vertical position (nose facing bottom of tank). Very rarely it moves out and is back to position in no time.. Fish was introduced 4 months back and there are two of same kind with other 14 fishes including goldfishes, angels, barbs, mollies and a sucker.

20210509_184730.jpg

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I don't know very well the behavior of these fish, I do not think there is a problem if it is still feeding, are all the other fish okay? what are the parameters of your tank?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Do you have caves for all those sharks? What size is your tank? They have definate territory needs & 3 is pushing it in almost any tank...but 3 may be better than just 2...

By "sucker" I hope you mean some kind of plecostomus & not a Chinese alagae eater.

The goldfish require different tank temps...I think you need to rethink your stocking...what other fish & again...tank size? Water changing? What are you test parameters? I see trouble!

Reactions: FishAddict74

Abishek Nair

Registered Member
May 9, 2021
8 gallons (l*b*h = 2.5*2*2.5). Yes it's pleco.. changing 20% water on alternate days. But this change in behaviour of fish is only for last two days.. 4 months all were happy... also frequently all others get below the shark and looks like eating something..

Last edited:

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Too many fish in that tank, and with different requirements, I hadn't paid attention to your livestock, but a healthy life is definitely not possible for them in 8 gallons, it's too small for a freshwater shark, IMO you could only keep the mollies.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
8 gallons (l*b*h = 2.5*2*2.5). Yes it's pleco.. changing 20% water on alternate days. But this change in behaviour of fish is only for last two days.. 4 months all were happy... also frequently all others get below the shark and looks like eating something..
I’m not sure about the behavior but that tank is way too small which could be the reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store