bugs in fish food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
so i was just feeding my fish Seachem flakes and the texture of the flake seemed off to me, it must be that it got humid. I didn't mind this much but something else caught my eye.. the flakes fell kind of rough (not sure how else can i describe this) and had a lot of white dots which was very odd in this flake food. So I started messing with the flakes and found a bunch of white little bugs that looked like white fleas moving around, then looked at the food lid and had a bunch of these critters moving around, i was disgusted by it but already dipped my fingers in it so what the heck.

anyway I know fish eat bugs but still didn't like the idea that i fed my fish contaminated food. Also tried taking a picture of these bugs but it is impossible.

see the white pixels in the picture? ?

P_20210828_084628.jpg

P_20210828_084620.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'd toss it and get new. Stay to smaller cans with a tighter lid. Inspect the new can to see if it's similar.

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
I think I would feed it to my fish, free natural protein, pretty safe source IMOP.
decided to get new food for them. The fish at shore looked like they enjoyed their buggy flake though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store