General Aquarium Life Expectancy...and Could Someone Please Tell Me Why This Keeps Happening to our Tanks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Then you need to use it more ;) :) Or at least post your numbers so we can see. I'm a lame tester except in your possibly "dire" kind of thing.

I know you are dealing with an emegency situation. You don't have to start all over with cycling...but you need to know what's happening & how moving filters & media may impact your current & new tank. Don't get ahead of things, go slow, your fish will be happier & healthier.

I would also suggest feeding lightly so your bb aren't overwhelmed with waste & ammonia. The fish will be fine.

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Then you need to use it more ;) :) Or at least post your numbers so we can see.
That's a bit harsh; I'm still, in the midst of this, attempting to deal with the sorrow of my mom's passing, so cut me some slack please.

We didn't even buy the new tank yet; a lot going on here.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
You don't need the new tank yet to test the 29g. It may be OK...or not, there's 1 way to tell if it's cycled.

Since you've been posting for almost 2 weeks after your mother's death, I thought you might not be too grief stricken to test the 29g. Apparently I was wrong...you could have just said that you needed some time out for a while. "harsh" is too strong for what I & others have suggested. By continuing the thread we assume you still want tank help. Cut me & everyone else some slack...we're not mind readers

Kaskade10729

AC Members
Jun 16, 2013
Wow. Just wow.

That's all I can say when someone's parent dies and I'M asked to cut YOU slack. Absolutely incredible.

The way I mourn may be different from others -- to snidely say "I thought you might not be too grief stricken to test the 29" is beyond remorseless.

Whatever; I will get the new tank and act accordingly.

mazzcd70

AC Members
Oct 5, 2021
I understand family estrangement issues, I had some with my Dad for years but fortunately made up with him shortly before his death years ago.
So sorry to hear that, life is short we should resolve our issues asap before death chases us.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store