And MFK Wins!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
From Li on Facebook...

As many of you guys know I have been battling my MonsterFishKeepers trademark with Monster Energy since 2014. As of today I can say I have beaten the monster!

M...onster Energy now has a ruling against its ludicrous and overreaching argument that it owns the word “Monster." Hope this ruling will help the hundreds of other small businesses being bullied by them.

I want to thank Eve B, Suffolk University, Boston University and my good friend KP Devlin.

Remember friends don't let friends drink Monster Energy!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Fantastic news! Oh, I'm so relieved! I've been involved since the beginning of this mess so I am very glad to see the end of it!

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I know it was an exhaustive and mentally taxing. But you stood up for your rights and what you truly believed in. So when I said to you a couple years ago that you already won you did. After that it was a case based on something else and I am glad you won that fight also. You deserve a pat on the back for your determination and effort. Congratulations.

Reactions: Strongarm

Stevie D

Registered Member
Dec 30, 2007
From the first day I read of this stupidity to today (7/14/17) I have refused to drink any of their products and will continue to do so.

Happy to read that just for once common sense prevailed in the morass that has become the American Legal System!

MagicSmokeAquarist

AC Members
Nov 14, 2020
Oh boy. Ik this would be considered necroposting, but had I known, I would've stopped drinking their products. I drink a lot of energy drinks, and specifically monster energy every friday...I'll have to switch it out for a Bang or smth lol. Congratulations on the win, though! They are monster-sized business compared to MFK.

Reactions: Strongarm

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
Imagine trying to ruin a company which has no correlation and never will and probably uses your products :/

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Great News. Got to keep 'em honest. Big Companies have been the "ruin" of the little guy, the American way of life in little towns, and most have Run Over us with impunity. Great job, but, do NOT let your guard down.
They have people that graduated from big Ivey League colleges, that love to tear a little guy to shreds, just because they can! They have corporate funding to help.
Hey, how many little businesses that you and I have done business with, that Wally-World economically dismantled. The little guys shops just close, then fade away and we have no idea how many BIG CORPORATE destroyed.

Reactions: the loach

xenacanth9

AC Members
Oct 5, 2021
It's been 5 years and I will always remember how we destroyed Monster Energy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store