DIY Biotope w/ tons of plants & a living wall and potential for disaster!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I'm going to need a few days to get up to speed after years of absence...Maybe after my NFL Sun. playoff games...I would like to understand better than I do right now...

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
Well, I'm going to need a few days to get up to speed after years of absence...Maybe after my NFL Sun. playoff games...I would like to understand better than I do right now...
I've been away from AC for a few years, too. I always come back when it's time for an upgrade. If you have questions I can answer, I will.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Pinkey Pinkey Do you find that your pothos vines kind of dig into the wall paint? (for lack of better terms)

I found with mine, the little feelers that stick to the walls will eventually dig right into the latex paint and drywall/sheetrock.

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
Pinkey Pinkey Do you find that your pothos vines kind of dig into the wall paint? (for lack of better terms)

I found with mine, the little feelers that stick to the walls will eventually dig right into the latex paint and drywall/sheetrock.
Yes, I have that, too. They tend to stick to the latex strongly enough that when they die (which each vine will after a few years) they leave scars in the paint. I've not seen any dig through the drywall yet but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened without my noticing yet. I couldn't do this in a rental. From all I can tell, if I ever take down the vine there will need to be some texture repair and a professional repaint. Our plan is to live here until we die which means we have a few decades left. It might end up being a job for the kids. Who knows. . .I might get tired of the whole fish thing one day and take it all down. I don't see that yet but most of the future is pretty hard for me to see.

Reactions: FreshyFresh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store