Urgent help needed!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alannahmay

AC Members
Jan 4, 2016
Ahhh!!! Guys, my lemon jake took a huge beating when I was out of town for the night. I'm freaking out and have him isolated from the bully. I don't even know what to do!! I'm rehoming the two trouble makers in the tank tomorrow. Please help!

image.jpeg

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Awww... the poor guy. You'll need to worry about bacterial and fungal infections. Regular water changes will help: give him the best water you can. Also keep some pimafix and melafix handy in case something does show up. And good luck!

Reactions: Wild West

Alannahmay

AC Members
Jan 4, 2016
Awww... the poor guy. You'll need to worry about bacterial and fungal infections. Regular water changes will help: give him the best water you can. Also keep some pimafix and melafix handy in case something does show up. And good luck!
I know I'm so sad about it :( okay, I do have Pimafix already added to water because of this. Thank you so much for your help

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
You can be surprised on how fish recover. Can you put him into a different tank, with some meds, and good feeding he should recover. :(

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Oh no, that's always awful when it happens. Cichlids are hardy though and usually bounce back quickly. Agreed with frequent water changes to help him heal more rapidly and keep the likelyhood of infection down. Pimafix and Melafix can be used together, one is antibacterial and one is antifungal. Also, Melafix can help increase the rate of healing too. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store