1.5 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shawna

AC Members
Jul 7, 2005
Are there any fish that would do well in this? Its just collecting dust. I bought it for my kids when I didn't know much about fish. But It has a nice little air pump, and underground filter. Any suggestions, or leave it collecting dust. :eek:

Shawna

AC Members
Jul 7, 2005
Would that be too small for a betta>? I dont agree with those little bowls they put them in at Walmart, but is 1.5 g still too little?

redilyn

AC Members
Jan 31, 2005
i have a betta in a 1.6 gallon hex tank.

he seems very happy and i dont think it is to small for him

i also put a screw in flourscent in the light and added an anubis nana to his tank.

give it a try i think you should be alright, mine has been for 6 months now

Fish-Head Aric

Fish-Head Aric
Jul 8, 2005
Chehalis, WA USA
groups.msn.com
Guppies, bettas, a couple of the small-small types like tetras so long as the water is cared for.

Small tank means quicker spoilage in the water.

Have had all sorts of sizes of "aqariums" from the 2 quart pickle jar on up to a 700 gallon class project. Loved every one of them equally!

icka

AC Members
Jun 16, 2005
Indiana
but remember guppies and other fish may not be happy without more than one. Bettas will be happier with just himself. When my male guppy was all alone he would not eat until the 5 females joined him.

Ramirezi

Punish the Deed not the Breed
Apr 26, 2005
Florida
maybe an ADF
or a Betta
I have kept a betta in a 1.5 up to a 5 gal tank before. a lot of people will argue thats its not ideal. but i've had bettas that didnt like large tanks. when i put them in the smaller tanks with a few plants and a hiding place, they were more colorful, ate better, were more active, and made bubble nests like mad. when i put them in the larger tanks, they would hide in a corner of the tank, usually behind the heater and not come out.
and then i've had other bettas who hated small spaces and thrived in a larger tank (10 gal and up) and even liked being in a community tank.

WinterWind

Mad pianist
Feb 11, 2005
Either two ADF's or a single male betta. I'm not sure guppies or tetras would do very well it a 1.5 gallon tank. ADF's are small and don't need very large spaces, so a 1.5 gallon is ideal. And a betta would be quite happy in a 1.5 gallon compared to a cup or small bowl.

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I think it would be fine for a betta too. There is quite alot of debate about what tank size is best for them so it is really personal opinion (as long as its not the little cup, which it seems like most people on here are against). If you have other tanks set up you can use some of the filter media or gravel and it would help with the cycle. As long as you take care of it a betta would be perfectly happy IMO :p:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store