1 Bristlenose or 4bronze corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
Either would be ok although I'd keep 6 corys or 1 BN...& a few more barbs. 5 is also a minimum for zebra danios. You have the room...
How many of each could you keep in a 29 gallon? I was told that you could keep 30 inches of fish in a 29 Gallon- meaning 3 cherry barbs, five danios, and either four corydoras or a bn.

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
Plus I like bristlenoses better. My sister wants the corys.

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
fish per inch rule is only effective with one inch fish

a foot long oscar poops more than 12 one inch tetras thus it needs a bigger tank

when in doubt ask us

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Stocking also depends on maintenance. You want to keep nitrate level no higher than ~20ppm with regular weekly water changes. You have fish that swim in different areas of the tank, danios are top 1/3 dwellers, barbs more mid- low level & corys (or BN) bottom. With cherry barbs you could keep 1 male & 2 females if you only have 3 or IME males will sometimes fight so you'd want 3 or 4 males & say 4 females if you want more or only 1 male with more females. With danios 5 is the absolute minimum, they can be nippy to each other if there aren't enough to spread that around. Plus they can be jumpers--no open top for them. Any of those fish may lay eggs but there's really almost no chance of survival, they all eat their own or anyone else's eggs.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not sure why your eyes got so red, or why you started cussing and fainted...well actually I can think of some reasons but probably not "family forum" appropriate.
To paraphrase something I heard on TV: Cocaine's a heck of a drug.

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
Guys?Bn or corys not the stuff you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2::OT:

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
Stocking also depends on maintenance. You want to keep nitrate level no higher than ~20ppm with regular weekly water changes. You have fish that swim in different areas of the tank, danios are top 1/3 dwellers, barbs more mid- low level & corys (or BN) bottom. With cherry barbs you could keep 1 male & 2 females if you only have 3 or IME males will sometimes fight so you'd want 3 or 4 males & say 4 females if you want more or only 1 male with more females. With danios 5 is the absolute minimum, they can be nippy to each other if there aren't enough to spread that around.I'll Plus they can be jumpers--no open top for them. Any of those fish may lay eggs but there's really almost no chance of survival, they all eat their own or anyone else's eggs.
I'll have all female cherry barbs.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
In a 29gal ,because of the surface area. you would have to trat it like a 20gal. So, (IMO), you can have about 6 Cherrys, 6 Zebras, and about 6 corys.

This would also depend on what kind of cory. Some get bigger then others.

tiger oscar

Mr.Bushynose pleco
Jul 5, 2013
Alberta,Canada
Real Name
You will never know
Thanks guys I had a truce whith my sis we were going to have a bn and some Oto cats thanks guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store