$1 per gallon tank sale at petco!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
i had a 10% off coupon i used with the $1 per gallon sale to buy a 40b. so the $4 was knocked off of the initial total of 110 and you still have to pay tax on the 106, so it was $40 plus (6% of 105=6.3), so the tank was actually 46 and some change. still a good deal.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Hmm, it is still a great deal, but it is also a good trick. The tanks are probably bought cheap in the first place so they still make a little money on them even at that low of a price. Then you get people like me who say, oh, my 10g is a little small, and I could use a hospital/qt tank. I think I will upgrade to a 20g. I was planing to do so, but then I sat and thought a minuite. You still need a light (my 10g light would probably do the job still), you need an upgraded heater if yours isnt already overkill. You need a new lid that may cost more than the tank itself. You need a new filter if you didnt buy one much bigger than needed. (hey, at least I thought ahead there :) ). You will prob need more gravel/sand/whatever. And you may need a sturdier stand. So really, sales probably go up on all of those items as well, increasing their total profit.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
It's like Petsmart's $1 fish sale (which has been expanded to include all sorts of other price points). It is way better than the 25% off "huge blowout" aquatics event Petsmart offers, but to make it a good deal you really have to have several tanks already so you have equipment to use. Unless you are planning on doing a very basic setup, like a turtle tank with only a filter and a clamp on light.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
I wish they sold up to 100. Noiw that would be fair@\!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store