10 gallon stocking :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
I think Endlers and shrimp are an excellent idea! (Of course...). The numbers, might want to do 6 endlers and 8 shrimp. They will eat fry, but if you provide grass or plants and other hiding spots some fry should make it to adult hood. This is what I'm trying for too! There are also some other really awesome "micro" fish like endlers to look into such as chili rasboras. But endlers are a good choice, tight fish huh?! Amano shrimp are among my favorite because they are avid algae eaters if any shows in the tank and are really cool looking and always seemed to do well in my tank. Also red cherry shrimp, tiger shrimp, bamboo shrimp, and bee shrimp tend to add lots of color and movement to the tank are seem to fairly readily available at my lfs on and off...
Hope this was helpful, I can't wait to see what you do with it!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
I agree bamboo shrimp are a little to active for a 10 IME. I would go with several pea (dwarf) puffers as mentioned before. I had about 12 in a 10 gallon for a really long time. Just be sure to add them all at once or there will be problems, just dont expect to have any other tankmates....learned that the hard way..

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
well looks like this will be for my con/firemouth frys....
I suppose that is the very same fry you claimed to have killed off because they were hybrid

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
also what will you do with the fry? it wouldnt be smart to sell them unless you made sure they werent going to breed them.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
well the mom ate the eggs, and the tank is being used for my HRP/cutteri hybreds i got from a member on here.

awsome lil suckers!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store