110 acrylic lots of scratches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

famikert

AC Members
Dec 27, 2002
so cal
Visit site
110 tall blueback 5ftx18x24, included 2 aquaclear 500s, tank is in no way a show tank, heavyly scratched, great tank for growout or breeder tank, $125.00 obo, so cal area

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
I've heard of acrylic polish that can buff out scratches. but I don't know how this works and how bad of scratches it can reomove. It may be pointless for this tank.

Good luck

mhmh

AC Members
Sep 19, 2002
The Poconos of PA
home.nyc.rr.com
I have a friend who sets up and maintains tanks for a living. He's buffed out scratches and says it goes something like this: The kit comes with several (maybe 8?) levels of abrasives. You start with the most abrasive and rub back and forth on the scratch you're removing. Then you go to the next level of abrasive and rub up and down. You keep switching abrasives and direction until you end up with the least abrasive stuff. At that point, the area you've been rubbing is about 90% clear.

I'm thinking that if you had a lot of scratches, those areas that were only 90% clear would be pretty unattractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store