120 Gallon Plexi-Glass Tank Build.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Pretty tanks. Very natural looking. Love that last pic! Sorry about your pseudo :(

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Thanks. I've been in the reef hobby for a few years, and have had other salty tanks, but no reef tanks. I've had fish tanks my whole life, off, and on. I research, a lot, and have tried to take what I can from natural reef settings, while still allowing maximum coral space. I don't like frag plugs. It's just as easy to glue them to dried reef rock, as it is to glue them to a plug. I bought ten pounds of reef rubble, from bulkreefsupply.com, and I just keep them in my 20H frag/quarantine tank, so, they turn into live rock, and aren't just dry rock. The reef rubble turned out to be a lot more than I expected, and was pretty cheap, with a few larger pieces, mixed in. Frag plugs are nice for zoanthids, if you are planning on fragging them, a lot, but I prefer worn half clam shells, to discs or square plugs. The natural material seems to glue better, and then you don't have a bunch of unnatural looking plugs lying around the tank. Plus, the clam shell impression hides the glued part. Yeah, the psuedo. was pretty cool. He was one of my favorites, because he would swim in, and out of the live rock, in places no other fish would or could. I have a bi-color psuedo. in the 75, but I preferred the purple top. "Sigh". It sucks, how the most expensive or your favorites are, always, the first fatalities. I might get another one. They aren't expensive, and my lfs has them in stock, most of the time. Maybe I should try a different fish, that would be similar in disposition. Any ideas?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store