120gal Overhaul

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey Aaron89 yep i am beginning to doubt myself for the change but the damage is done so i will have to pay for it but all in all i got the sand in there and that was my main goal..

As for the old rocks they weren't leaning i just had tons of rock in there to build up and i can only think it may have led to the odor as well with all those dead spots/zones..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Hey pappy wow 5 bucks a LB whew thats pretty expensive aye.. i can get it here at 2.50 a LB..

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Don't second guess yourself. You will be happy with the sand... I'll never go back, and the rock structures you'll be able to construct will be beneficial to the fish and give it a great Tanganyikan look and feel.
You have some clubs near you; have you asked around about any base rock or dead coral? These make excellent rocks for building caves and often times folks will come off of it cheaply. Maybe post a Wanted ad in your pets section of Craiglist. Check your local rock quarries, chances are someone has coral rock for landscape use. I stocked my tank with rockwork for free. I know I'm in Florida, but at least some should be available to you somewhere.

Aaron89

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
England
yeh just try and find stuff cheap or reuse what you have but got for a different look.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
pappy wrote:
You're closer to Texas than I am ;)
Yeah i keep forgetting your from MN

Afro and Aaron
Yeah i will work it out and i would love to find some cheap reef base rock would be awesome.. so far i am going to get 2 more of those sea craggy rocks and that will build my background up and place my THR around the front i think it may look good after all..

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I think you off to a good start! It ain't easy making a heavy duty change like that with everybody still inside.....

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Bubbles yeah i can not believe i didnt lose a fish but all made the overhaul fine and are doing great..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I am done just wanted to get this post back at the top i will post a new photo here soon.. but i need to go out and pick up my new additions Buffaloheads yay new fish..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store