125 Gallon tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Yitzhak

AC Members
Sep 18, 2010
Hello,
I am starting this thread because I want to do a 125 Gallon Fish Freshwater tank! This is going to take me some time to setup, but I want to start looking at equipment and planning the tank.

What I want the tank to be:
-I want to have a green, Lush, fully Planted, beautiful freshwater Aquarium
-I am imagining it being stocked with a whole school of like Neon Tetra's or some other plant friendly schooling fish
-The tank shape is going to be long as opposed to tall.
-Very Natural Look.

Equipment:
-I know I will need to probably use a Co2 injection
-Since I am using Co2, I need closed filtration I was looking at the Eheim Professional canister. Honestly I am not sure what some of the good filters are, or what would work best.
-Lighting i assume I need T5 florescent Lighting
-Tank Heater I am thinking of using an In-line heater.

Let me know What I am missing or what you may recommend, I will keep researching and see what I can come up with!

Once I am ready I will post my progress!

Thanks

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
your list sounds good to me. Make up a list of the plants you want then decide how much light you will need and if you are going to dose fertilizers.

decide if you want to do a high tech planted tank or a low light planted tank or something in the middle. Once you make that decision then choosing the plants and the layout will be the next step.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store