FS 13" Sailfin Pleco, Charlotte NC, PU only, $10

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

thesixis

AC Members
Feb 3, 2009
New Jersey
bump for a nice fish

SHWAGert

RAGE QUIT!
Feb 11, 2011
NC
Real Name
Daniel
I'm in RTP, and I'd love to have him in my 40 gallon. I work a lot and as a result my spare time is slim, would you by chance be willing to meet halfway?

SHWAGert

RAGE QUIT!
Feb 11, 2011
NC
Real Name
Daniel
my mistake I misread your post, and thought it was a 10" which would do fine for a few days in the 40 gal (long) until my 90 gal is finished cycling. I had no idea they got 2' long, I had always read 18" as the maximum size. If it does in fact reach 2 feet, that requires more like a 125 gallon which is too big for the space I have. Long story short I wanted to clarify I was not a complete idiot, and BUMP

clayt101

Registered Abuser
FWIW, I have never seen a sailfin get to be 2 feet. I have 2 adults now, and they have maxed out at 12 inches. This is with huge water changes (180 gallons every 1-2 weeks). I have seen commons get to 2 feet though.

sosgal721

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Fort Mill, SC
FWIW, I have never seen a sailfin get to be 2 feet. I have 2 adults now, and they have maxed out at 12 inches. This is with huge water changes (180 gallons every 1-2 weeks). I have seen commons get to 2 feet though.
That is interesting. How long does it take them to reach full size, or when do they stop growing? My common is 14" now and they are both 4 years old.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I've seen several P. gibbiceps reach well over 12" have seen several at 14-16" range and they are like tanks. Are you sure you have P. gibbiceps clayt101??? Several relatives of P. gibbiceps are easily mistaken by some people to be a P. gibbiceps but turn out to be P. joselimaianus which do indeed normally max out at 12" Although sometimes bigger. I own a P. joselimaianus that is 12.5" but a large portion of it's tail is missing. If it had its full tail it would easily be 13-14"

Most P. gibbiceps max out at 18" although some claim to have seen them at 2'. I wonder if this was an eye ball estimate though since these fish tend to look bigger then they are. I have yet to see a gibbi at 2' in person or pictures.

But yea free bump for them awesome pleco's

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store