15 gallon paludarium build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mudskippers

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Tempe, AZ
wow! things seem to be comming along great! Great job! Any recent pics?

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
sighhhhhhh

well, here's a shot of the island with the new moss and some new growth... it's looking great...

major mood killer: this whole tank was centered around the idea of creating a swamp for my red claw crab. the crab escaped and I can't find it now. I'm guessing it could have been gone as of last night even, haven't seen it in a while. really sucks.

KICX2385.JPG

ReignsAngel

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
Did you ever find your crab? :(

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I never found my crab.

this tank feels a bit like it lost it's purpose, but for now is a nice little vivarium. I'm starting to see either lack of light or nutrient defficiency in the sag, and the bark on the manzita branches is peeling and fuzzy, but not like the mucusy fungus from new wood... it's lighter and more moss/algae like... probably just because it's breaking down. I have the tank lightly stocked right now, 2 cherry barbs, 2 amanos, 1 adult and 1 young oto... everyone's in the dark most of the time. it may soon have more cherry barbs, and a single full grown rasbora that is too bossy for my 10 gallon.

I removed the main trunk of the island because it was too loose and causing problems... and just have it resting under the island now. the island seems to slide towards the front corner, tipping over time, I think due to a suction cup that shows a lot of air in it in the front.

on with some pics!

KICX2436.JPG KICX2437.JPG KICX2440.JPG KICX2442.JPG

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
update!

so, it's been a while since I updated this with pics, and since I had a question for you all, I thought I'd post a few of tonight's pictures...

since the last update, I have trimmed some of the growth on the island area, and let things take a really natural course otherwise. The sag has REALLY shown a ton of growth with no real work on my part. I've added a single Rasbora, which was the largest of the school in my 10 gallon, and was just way too bossy in there, who now seems buddy buddy with the 3 cherry barbs and 2 otos. I've also added a mystery snail and a few MTS... and added a cherry red shrimp to the 2 amanos who've been in here since day one.

I'm about to add a hydor theo 50w heater, which I got today... and am considering throwing a small water pump in as well to add some circulation, but I'm not sure it needs it.

I'd like your opinions on my co2 vs. excel delimma, but will post a new thread about it shortly.

KICX2541.JPG KICX2536.JPG KICX2533.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store