150 Gallon Build Thread ... From the Start

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Teeds404

AC Members
Sep 27, 2006
Those Anubias Con. are quite a sight. Some of the best I have seen. Well done sir with the tank still.

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
Those Anubias Con. are quite a sight. Some of the best I have seen. Well done sir with the tank still.
Thanks Matt - I'm probably coming up tomorrow. Need to "donate" back the pair of guntheri - they are popping those out faster than we can keep up. The 20 has about 24 and the 50 has about 30 in it ...

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.punchedinthepodcast.com
Real Name
Chris
WOW! This thread was amazing and your tank is amazing. I started out the evening just looking for info and ended up sitting at my computer reading through the entire thread. I may be in trouble with the wife for coming to bed so late but it will be well worth it. Thank you for showing us what a well planned and well made aquarium should be and look like. I would also like to thank BK, Vader, and everyone else who posted here you were very helpful to me and probably alot of people who read this thread. Awesome set up and goodluck! :)

angel fresh

AC Members
May 23, 2010
your tank is awesome and very nicely planted, i love it.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Hey Coy, long time no talk. Im probably the wrong person to say this but dont you think its time for an update?? =)

Looking at your tank is really inspiring me to kick back into gear and provide some extra attention to mine... From the beginning, to your latest update, the tank has come a long way. Its amazing how the tank is not just "an aquarium" that stands there but thanks to the rich look of the canopy and stand, it has become a center point of your living room, a piece of furniture that balances everything out. Its amazing how much detail you have put into the project.
I hope the tank is still up and running without any issues. Soon I will be msging you for advice =P

WaywardSon

Carry on ...
Jul 16, 2008
BK - great to hear from you. Thank you for the compliments; yes, it is certainly the centerpiece of the room. The tank looks good, very good - especially in pics. Just not "great" up close. The fert / Co2 / light balance for growing plants is a hard one to achieve.

I was actually thinking about replacing the 150 with a 125, redoing the lighting a bit (always have had a bit of trouble getting the plants ultra-green up close), fiddling w/ the Co2 and ferts also, and rescaping the tank. Haven't decided for sure. If I go w/ a 125 (shorter and much easier to plant) I have in mind to add mostly swords, with a few stem plants, along w/ more wood (haven't thought much about the rocks). Just looking for a "cleaner" look. I see these guys who run 200, 300, 400 watts over this size tank. If I ever go up to the max (I have experimented) of 400, it burns the plants right up. I have the Co2 up to about 3bps - afraid to go much more w/ those redlines. Anyways, starting to get the rescape / rebuild bug - will likely be coming along very soon. If the tank was simple, would likely want to add more; with the tank being jammed, a cleaner look sounds good for a change - we always want what we don't have!! This thread may take off again soon ...

Again, great to hear from you.

As always, let me know what you (or any other readers) think ...

Coy

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
looks awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store