180g planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
I really hope that the color stays separated! It looks amazing! Like the white is a stream and the black is like ground/earth/river bank. Love it!!!!

Trevor

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Nice set-up. Looks Great!! I would not plant too heavy--pruning and pulling plants will mix the gravel. Stay with maybe a few plants, but bigger ones (6-7 large swords??).

PS---Obviously no diggers.

D.S Drifter

darkside drifter
Jan 2, 2010
jonesboro TN
as far as keeping the color seperation ive found it to be pretty simple. once the hardscape is complete i will add another 1/4- 1/2'' of substrate & just enough water for the substrate to tighten up. i will then add all the plants from moss to stem plants do the minor touch up to the substrate as needed allowing about a 1/2 hour for the touched up substrate to tighten up from the moisture allready present. at this point your ready to start filling the tank slowly. i do not prewash any of my substrate and only experience very minor cloudiness after filling. this tank will be getting a pretty heavy planting but many will be fairly compact(a lot of moss). lol pruning and regular maintanence is a bit easier for me than most in a tank this size, at 6'6'' my reach enables me to get to everything with relative ease. a little hint to the stocking list, there upper water column will be inhabitted by a very large school of galaxy rasboras. rather than going with larger fish in a tank of this size as most people do i want larger groups of smaller fish as they are found naturally.

texasguy

AC Members
May 13, 2009
Dude I'm speechless
:drool:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
check out jinkz's chili rasboras...