20 gallon peaceful

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dafish

Registered Member
Jan 19, 2003
Visit site
I got a 20 gallon fish tank and i want to get some peacefull tropical fish to put in them. I got 2 Giant danios in it now.

MrGoodbytes

...has a research topic! :)
Nov 27, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
I would reccommend a larger tank for giant danios, and more of them. They like to swim in groups. My zebra danios race back and forth in my 35 gallon and they stay a fair bit smaller than giant danios (I have six of them).
For a 20 gallon, go for something like 4 corydoras catfish, some dwarf gouramis, or a larger gourami, and some small tetras like neons or glowlights (aim for about 7 of them). That would be a nice, peaceful community, something like one I used to have.
That tank had 3 corydoras trillineatus, 5 cardinal tetras, some guppies, and a blue gourami. That gourami gets a bit big though, maybe try and get some dwarf types.
I had a pair spawn in my 35 gallon about 2 years ago, which really surpirsed me. I had to go away for the weekend, and when I came back, there was no sign of any fry.
Anyway, good luck with your tank, hope all goes well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store