20 gallon tank stocking Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
I have been keeping neons for 10 years. That's why mi name is neontetraking. They were also my first fish. I don't have many because my last tank got ich from a fish my brother got and put in there. That fish had ich and I did not know how to treat it so I am down to six

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
I would also just give the fry to my brother who has a tank

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
I cant take one.

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
Sorrry about earlier. I just read the whole thread again and my tank is not planted

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
Can I have like 4 tiger barbs with my other fish?

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
You will have to treat the ich first. You can treat with aquarium salt and heat. Let me know where you're at before I write a bunch of info you don't need. I strongly recommend not to get any other fish until you are sure the ich has been eliminated.

Also when you are ready for more fish, I would steer away from the tiger barbs. They look awesome, but they are very nippy. I think they'd need more space and a bigger school to spead the aggression that your tank unfortunately can't accommodate. But there's lots of nice choices out there! We'll just get some more info first to help you make the best choice.

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
It has already been eliminated. all of my fish died so i did a total tank cleanout. I remodeled it too. Then I started it up again with all new stuff

neontetraking

AC Members
May 16, 2020
Earth
Real Name
Jake
I also emptied out all of the water, substrate, Decor, and plants. Cleaned them all too. I also put salt in the new water way before i put the fish in. I have been doing a lot of water changes to make sure there is no ich. I have had the fish for over a month and no signs either. There is no ich in the tank

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
No tiger barbs. They need a huge school (more than 10) or else they are very aggressive. Best as a species only fish.

If you go kuhli loaches, get 6, not 4. They need a minimum of 6 as theyre shy fish who need a larger group to feel comfortable.

No zebra danios. A 20 high isnt enough space for them as theyre super active.

Id go:

10 neon tetras
3 platies (go for 3 females, or 1 male with 2 females)
6 kuhli loaches

Call it done.
Id avoid more than 1 male platy in a 20 high because they often bicker over dominance and there isnt enough space for the least dominant male to hide.

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store