200 Gal tank. Good idea????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slthoeny

AC Members
Feb 25, 2006
Native American said:
I only wish I'd started with a big tank. Once set up, they're easier IMHO. Water changes are just a bit more voluminous. I like keeping an understocked tank anyways, though you couldn't tell looking at my present setup (I just can't sell off those guppies fast enough...they just keep dropping fry).

Being in construction, you've probably seen people who stick a file safe or gun safe in the corner of the house, only to have the floor sag in that one area over just a couple years (then contract w/ you for repairs). A large fish tank has the exact same "footprint" demand in terms of weight per sq/in as a mid-level home safe. Extra posts/piers and beams is a perfect idea.

v/r, N-A

We are actualy more on the finishing end of construction. Do more flooring ceramic hardwood along with showers kithcens, etc. But know how to do just about any of it. I would probably pour some footers and then put the extra support from there. I tend to go way overboard when I build anything, so I don't worry about support. You should see the stand I built for my 20 Gal. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store