20G (76L) Stocking help.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

th4nn10R

Freshwater Newbie
Dec 9, 2008
Hey there I currently have a 20g (76L) tank with 4 long finned zebra danios. Eventually I would like to have the fish written below. Could anyone tell me if there would be any problems between them and if the tank would be overstocked. My tanks fully cycled and im pretty eager to get some more fish.

my wish list...

6 zebra danios
3-4 dwarf gouramis
2-3 algea eater/cat fish (don't know the name)
3-4 blue rams

Am I in over my head?
Or would it be ok?

Help would be appreciated greatly

boostnbuds

boostnbuds
Sep 21, 2007
Rhode Island
seems like a lot in a 20 g

rugbypredator

AC Members
Apr 10, 2008
Southern California
You would have to bring that list down. In a tank this size go with only ram or gouramis, and their numbers would need to be brought down to 1 or 2. and if dealing with two rams, they must be a pair, as for the gouramis hopefully someone more experienced will chime in on that one.

th4nn10R

Freshwater Newbie
Dec 9, 2008
Ahhh well.....

Have to save up and get a bigger tank. Or maybe I can hint to my gf to ge me one for christmas :D.

Thanks guys for your help!
Appreciate it.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Only 1 gourami per tank unless you go with pearls, honeys, licorice, or sparkling. The last three could work.

Algae eater is a broad term. The only ones I would recommend are small plecos (is bn pleco) or otos. But keep in mind that they will still need to be fed so don't get the fish and expect it to live off of algae alone.

A ram pair could work...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store