20g Cork Scape Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Nice job , looks very natural.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
the shots on page 1 look soooo good, the cork reminds me of the cliffs from the opening sequence of Half-life :)

I love finding these threads for months before I joined this place. I read it all the way from the beginning and am just blown away by this tank and the work that went into it. And the results, needless to say.

But anybody else who is just catching up on this....start on Pg. 1 and look at that cork design. Does it not look more than anything like the first shot of Minas Tirith in "Lord of the Rings 3: Return of the King"?

The awesome cliffs, the plunging valleys....of course there are others who have worked in other mediums to replicate Tolkien's vision. They are all worthy and impressive efforts. :)

gorgeous tank and impressive work.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
I found this thread from a link on the POTM thread, and I cannot tell you how impressed I am. The cork work is great, and with the plants filling it in -- you've really achieved that "other world" look. There can be only one response: :worthy:

I'm about to set up a 20-long, too, and your experiences are an inspiration. Maybe you already posted this and I forgot, but are you using CO2 in this set up?

RDTigger

Newest member of F.A.R.T.
Jul 4, 2009
Pawleys Island, SC
Can't believe I missed this thread until now... It's so hard scaping tiers or levels and the background has been an issue but I like this idea of cork. Especially in CA/SA tanks for good growth and a natural looking backdrop....

Any chance we can see a video? I bet it is awesome with the shrimp...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store