20g for xmas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

daniodude

AC Members
May 28, 2007
Hello. This year my parents gave me a new 20 gallon fish tank, and i was wondering what the largest type of fish i could keep in it and have it grow to full size? any help would be nice.:grinyes:

OldMan1947

OldMan
Mar 24, 2005
Central Illinois
Congrats on the new tank. I wish I had gotten some fish equipment for Christmas.
Quick, before you go out and get your fish, its time to set the aquarium up and start cycling it so you will be ready when you choose your fish. Cycling instructions are at the top section of this forum. Its sort of a pain but you won't lose many fish that way.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Bolivian rams, blue rams, apistogrammas, honey gouramis, exodons and some panchax.:)
I agree on all of the listed above, except exodons. I don't think a 20L is enough for a school of 6" agressive scale eaters. Everything else looks great though.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Thank you for your help. I think I might get some Rams.
Bolivian Rams might be your best bet, then. They're generally hardier than German Blue Rams. :thm:

Just to add to the chorus, be sure to read up on cycling your tank properly so your fish thrive* when you get them home. When setting up a tank, patience is a major-league virtue. :werd:

*(As in, not coming home to find they've gone fins-up from too much ammonia and nitrite in the tank. :sad: )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store