20G overstock?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RobertW

Arctic Ice Fish
Jan 25, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
6 barbs- 3grn/3tgr

3 neon tytras

1 powder blue Dwarf Gourami

1 Black ruby barb

5 ghost shrimp hiding out

Java moss, 2 Anubias nana, 1 other plant unsure of its name??

Its an Eclipse hood with Bio Wheel supposedly 160 GPH.. just want some opinions... I've always loved fishtanks since a kid and now im ready to get a second job to get me a big boy...

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
How long have you had this stocklist running? It seems very clear you are mixing the gouramis and tiger barbs when this shouldn't be done as a precaution to avoid fin nipping. Your tank is fully stocked. I'd suggest the removal of the barbs or gourami. Sooner or later, trouble arises with the combination.

bigspizz

Bigsp8s
Dec 28, 2007
At home
How long have you had this stocklist running? It seems very clear you are mixing the gouramis and tiger barbs when this shouldn't be done as a precaution to avoid fin nipping. Your tank is fully stocked. I'd suggest the removal of the barbs or gourami. Sooner or later, trouble arises with the combination.

I agree 100% :) Loose the gourami, and you may be ok. Barbs get kind of big though for that many in a 20 for life :) good luck ;)

deadxero

AC Members
Feb 18, 2005
I agree that the 20 is a bit small for the barbs, not just for size, but because the can be such active swimmers as well.

RobertW

Arctic Ice Fish
Jan 25, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
dimensions is about 30x12x12 i think... its a 20long

RobertW

Arctic Ice Fish
Jan 25, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I'm liking all the insight... I plan on doing some remedy-ing soon... Ie.) I want at least a 55 Gallon... so i cann straighten things out... luckily... the Gourami and the barbs arent aggressive to each other...

tank has been around since last fathers day but i just recently added the barbs

and thankfully the barbs thus far are happy in their little 6 pack

one concern i have is the black ruby barb... do they not prefer to be in schools? nobody seems to concerned about him though... anyways thanks everyone... I'll be posting some pics of the tank soon (as soon as my battery charges) just incase some one is interested

p.s. i forgot to mention there is also two glass fish in there...

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
once you get a 55 up and running, you could move the barbs over and add about 6-8 of them. having a big group shows their natural schooling behavior and really cuts down on aggression. then you could set up a smaller school of the black rubies in the smaller tank - unless they other barbs accept him in their "pack"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store