20g what to put in

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaco17

AC Members
Nov 30, 2005
i got a 20 g tank i got 4 platties 4 guppies and 1 rtshark in there

im gonna take the platties an guppies back. any suggestiions of what to put in?

Xielos

how I mine for fish?
Sep 13, 2005
I'm not sure about the redtail sharks temperment, so I don't know what is compatible with him. Any particular reason for taking the platy's and guppies back? Want a couple larger fish instead of lots of tiny ones? You could look into some dwarf gourami's or other dwarf cichlids :dive2:

gourami

AC Members
Sep 3, 2005
maybe a bristle nose cat for the bottom

pedzola

AC Members
Aug 26, 2005
I am currently having problems with my RTS. When they are young they will get along with most fish, but as they grow older they will become intolerant of just about anything that moves.

They will absolutely NOT, from my personal experience, be able to share space with the following:

all tetras, danios, barbs, gouramis, yoyo loaches... he would even try to attack my crayfish. The exception seems to be that the shark got along well with my clown loaches and an upside-down catfish... but they "grew up" together. Not sure if this would change if you had an established red tail and put a new fish in his territory. In any case a 20g tank is too small to keep clown loaches.

Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store