20gal set up again?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gimli

SharkBait
Jan 18, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.venrilsathir.com
I was thinking about setting up my 20gal tank again.

It uses the Eclipse filtering system and it seems not many people are carrying the carbon filters or even the biowheel for these.

I should still have 2 unopened carbon filters, but the biowheel hasnt been used for like 3years.

Should I stick to this system or go to an undergravel filter type?

Now... to figure out where to put the little tank...

:)

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
The biowheel will be fine. It just needs to be reestablished with new bacteria to be effective. I don't think they way an eclipse is setup that you can run a UGF and the hood filter at the same time. As for catridges I never use them in my filters. I bought a box of sponges and cut them to the right size (they were some sort of filter sponge in a large pink box). I just rinse them out once in a while to get the gunk out of them. I never run carbon unless I want to remove meds. If I do then I just stick some carbon insome old pantyhose and run it that way.

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
I agree with aquarius, never again will I run a UGF except for my little one gallon betta tank (easy to clean 1 gallon). I had a UGF for my 10 gallon as a kid and it never really worked for anything more than aeration. I'd try to either get the parts you need (if you need) for the eclipse or get another HOB with biowheel. Kyle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store