29 gal. Freshwater suggetions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

normd

"Duty Now for the Future"
Feb 17, 2005
NW Ohio
Any suggestions on stocking a new 29 gallon freshwater community tank? I like Tetras. Thanks

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
What kinds of tetras do you like? Aggressive and fast moving? Colorful? Slower moving? Ones more likely to school? Bigger tetras? What other kinds of fish do you like? The best thing to do is research a bit to get some ideas as to what is out there and what you like. I've found a decent place to start is Elmer's Freshwater Aquarium Guide. It has some pictures and suggested communities. It doesn;t always reflect accurate or appropriate tank sizes however, so ask back here when you've some ideas of what specifically you want from this community of fish.

normd

"Duty Now for the Future"
Feb 17, 2005
NW Ohio
I like colorful fish, assorted Tetras. Maybe some Angle fish. I am open to suggestions.

Puffernewbee

AC Members
Dec 9, 2004
Katy, TX
I have 6-neons, 5-harlequin rasboras, 2-albino cories, 2-guppies (my daughter had to have them),1-otto, and 2 blue rams and several ghost shrimp in mine.
It's a nice mix of colors at different levels and everyone seems pretty happy. :D

Angels will get quite large and eat your tetras.

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
Hmm, 7 lemon tetras, 7 neon tetras, 7 pygmy cory cats and a dwarf gourami. The two schools of smaller colorful tetras will give you some yellow, orange, silver, white, red and blue. They will be active more in the middle. The school of pygmy cories give you a very active bottom to middle section with some iridescent green and some black/brown and a muted white color. The dwarf gourami will be the centerpiece with it's alternating iridescent blue and red stripes. The dwarf gouramis will pretty much move wherever he wants to. That's just one of millions of possibilites. Check out that link I posted above and just ahve a gander at all that's out there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store