29 gal tank help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyle079

AC Members
Apr 25, 2007
Ive got a 29 gal tank with the following-

-3 Red Swordtails
-1 Red Tailed Shark
-1 Pictus Cat

I use to have 4 golden danios and 2 zebra danios but i took them back to the pet store because they stayed around the top too much and were a little bland in the tank.

Just any suggestions as to what to add and also i am posting a picture of my tank bellow if anyone has any suggestions as to autoscaping or anything of the sort. Thanks.

jessa10

AC Members
Aug 29, 2006
I would suggest getting some peaceful tetras. I like white and black skirt tetras. Also, get some cories! Good luck with the tank :) (Double check that the shark isn't too aggressive for the other fish you already have and the ones you wish to add to the tank).
Cheers,
-Jessica

palmbreeze

Fish are friends...not food!
Jul 26, 2005
Ohio
Lots of possibilities! Rasboras, rummy nose, neons would look good too! Blue tetras and bleeding hearts are cool. Maybe some taller plants in the back? I think it looks good!

davexstumpe

AC Members
Mar 8, 2007
first off, watch out for the RTS, most are pretty aggresive.

and your pictus cat will eat anything it could fit into its mouth, so i'd say stay away from any small fish like neons

kyle079

AC Members
Apr 25, 2007
yea i deff want to keep my pictus cause he is my fav but i would be willing to get somthing diffrent if the RTS causes problems...but yea i was thinking about some schooling fish i dont quite know yet. But i just got a 20L from a friend and i wanted to try breeding, what are easy fish to breed??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store