3 reasons Why tangs are the worst fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
1. Foxface are exponentially better than tangs, they are peaceful, cuter and eat algae
2. They don’t eat algae
3. They go crazy in anything other than a 300 gallon aquarium and will shank all your fish with their tail

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I'm not a huge fan of tangs but I must say in their defense that there are impressive species. Acanthurus is a genus of relatively aggressive species when there is not enough space and when you add new surgeons to the tank. Ctenochaetus and Hepatus are quieter genera. Do you have a tang in your tank?

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
I'm not a huge fan of tangs but I must say in their defense that there are impressive species. Acanthurus is a genus of relatively aggressive species when there is not enough space and when you add new surgeons to the tank. Ctenochaetus and Hepatus are quieter genera. Do you have a tang in your tank?
I like tangs because they look cool but they dont do well in tanks

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
They need like a 2798668168889495746 gallon tank to do well they swim for miles and miles each day
That is a slight hyperbole, no and no. Just no. Im sorry but you rarely give (barely any) advice, and what you said about tangs is just wrong. If you know how to actually keep them and do want to keep, you would know how to stop them from being killing machines.

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
If you know how to keep them, they will behave good enough.
+1. Although the individual character of the fish here counts for a lot. As I mentioned before, Acanthurus is the genre that requires the most space, in addition to tons of circulation in the water. You can keep a surgeonfish in 80 gallons without a problem, as long as you don't add another one. Eventually he would be the head of the tank.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
That is a slight hyperbole, no and no. Just no. Im sorry but you rarely give (barely any) advice, and what you said about tangs is just wrong. If you know how to actually keep them and do want to keep, you would know how to stop them from being killing machines.
+1

If you know how to keep them, they will behave good enough.
+1

WYite

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store