3 silver dollars and this guy ?ID?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Azimiut

AC Members
Dec 12, 2002
Scottsdale, AZ USA
Visit site
so the cousins were in town and had to get new fish for my tank. ok fine. no goldfish this time. last time they went in the oscar pond. HA! well they go to the fish store and get 4 silver dollars. or so they thought. they come back with three silver dollars and this guy. deffinately not a silver dollar. I had a pacu for a long time but dont really remember the juvinile stage. can I get an ID on this fish please? thanks. i tried to get the best pic i could but he is very energetic and fast. really looks like a young pacu. but dont remember the spots.

kr0nic

AC Members
Jul 2, 2007
Newcastle, Australia, NSW
man?

Derringer

... overstock this!
Apr 8, 2007
Indiana
hmmm silver dollar, yes looks like you have 4 silver dollars -;)

galen

AC Members
Jan 26, 2007
NY
thats a silver dollar mate. the spots on the fish show its a juvenile. they lose those spots with age. you have some young red hook silver dollars. pretty fish btw.

dmopar74

AC Members
Jan 14, 2007
thats a spotted silver dollar! fairly rare and they will keep their spots but will fade slightly with age. i have one myself.

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
its a different species of those lumped together as silver dollars. i think that one might be a mentis (didnt spell it right but sounds just as i typed it).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store