3 spot with pearl gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
what can i treat them with if it is bacterial? I have API's aquarium salt

if it is bacterial then shouldn't i medicate them in the main tank because the bacteria is also in the tank?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
What did you feed that might have lead to temporary white poo? Blood worms, tubifex? They have a chitin outer layer that fish don't digest easily...If it's just an occasional issue I wouldn't worry yet. You might try some veggie type foods & see how that poops out...OK, to graphic before my dinner...

Aquarium salt is not a treatment for any problem I know of (but table salt may be). Bacteria issues require antibiotics, parasites need wormers of any of a few kinds...We need more info over a couple days...

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Yes I agree this sounds as if she might not even have an issue, she could be hiding at the bottom at night because of the other gouramis... like Freshy said it can give problems.

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Yes I agree this sounds as if she might not even have an issue, she could be hiding at the bottom at night because of the other gouramis... like Freshy said it can give problems.
it definitely wasn't a big thing, she seems to be ok. I still watch their stool just in case.

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, that seems very good! How's her poo? Still ok? Gouramis IME tend toward longer poops, not pleco long, lol. Keep feeding a variety of foods :)

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Well, that seems very good! How's her poo? Still ok? Gouramis IME tend toward longer poops, not pleco long, lol. Keep feeding a variety of foods :)
recently her poop is shaped like a ball. I just noticed there was a small bubble right on her anus, it is the first time I see a tiny bubble in a fish hole like that but the bubble was gone after a couple of minutes. Am I overfeeding or is it some kind of parasite or disease/infection? Her behaviour has not changed: very active during day time.

Food i am feeding them now:
NutriDiet® Tropical Flakes Probiotics formula
TetraMin Tropical Granules

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I read the Seachem blurb on the NutriDiet & it says it "reduces waste". Not sure what the bubble might be, was it red? Gouramis often eat off the surface & may take in some air...some fish do pass gas via the vent although I've never seen it. Just keep an eye on her for now.

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
After pooping normal for some time, today my fish pooped a long white-ish string and only the tip was brown. what can I do to help her? I'm a bit worried that I could not scoop out the string and the other fish might eat it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store