3 spot with pearl gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Is it okay to feed my gouramis tetra pleco wafers? I haven't feed them anything veggie for months now and I thought maybe that could help my fish

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Depends on the ingredients list. Tetra foods tend to be loaded with donuts and doritos. Kidding. You know what I'm saying.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
has anyone put together 3 spot gouramis with pearl gourami? i've seen post of people saying they have put dwarfs with pearls with no problems but i've never seen someone say anything about 3 spots and pearl.

also if pearl is male and 3 spot female, will they mate?
I don’t know about mating or not, but how big is your tank? That will be a big factor

Reactions: Sprinkle

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Depends on the ingredients list. Tetra foods tend to be loaded with donuts and doritos. Kidding. You know what I'm saying.
What veggie food do you recommend? please keep in mind the only brand i can find locally are Tetra and Aqueon, there is also Seachem but every food container of Seachem I've seen is already past expiration date

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Pleco wafers from any brand aren't going to do anything for your gourami. If they even eat them, those are pretty hard bits, I'd say they'd spit them out. If you want to do something for them feed them some live foods, or like tiny pieces of cooked broccoli (they might not like that either)

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
Pleco wafers from any brand aren't going to do anything for your gourami. If they even eat them, those are pretty hard bits, I'd say they'd spit them out. If you want to do something for them feed them some live foods, or like tiny pieces of cooked broccoli (they might not like that either)
Will mosquito larvae do?

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
How much peas should I feed per fish, I cut them down to pieces but should I feed one whole pea to one fish or...?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm not sure about that.

I occasionally drop an omega one veggie round or two (they're marketed as a pleco wafer) in my 55 that contains BN plecos. The blue gourami, angel fish and kissing gourami pick at and eat what they can of it after it softens a bit, which takes only a few minutes.

Reactions: FishAddict74

Adler

AC Members
Jan 15, 2020
for the past ~3 water changes my male pearl stays still like this when adding the new water DSC00883.JPG

I thought it could have been me adding new water too quick so second time I did it slowly but still happened. He stays like this for some minutes.

DSC00882.JPG

DSC00881.JPG

Other than that, he seems to be healthy. Other fish do not show this behavior

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm surprised that gold gourami exists with the pearls and is that a kisser too?

I know with my male blue gourami has zero tolerance for any other fish in with him that's of similar size, shape, etc.

I do have a pink kisser and an angel in one of my planted 55s that have tolerated each other for some time now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store