350 magnum filter question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nano55

AC Members
May 14, 2007
I have a leak at the bottom of my 350 magnum filter. I changed the o-ring on the filter a couple of months ago, but not the gasket. When the o-ring is shot, it leaks from the top rim. Could it be the gasket is now shot too? The large clear plastic cylinder of the filter is brand new, so I am sure there is no crack in it. Would a bad gasket cause it to leak from the bottom like that?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
How is the impeller shaft rubber sleeve? It may be worn and the shaft has drilled a hole in the well...

nano55

AC Members
May 14, 2007
How is the impeller shaft rubber sleeve? It may be worn and the shaft has drilled a hole in the well...
Oh, no!! I sure hope not!!! We replaced the clear plastic canister a couple of months ago, thinking maybe there was a hairline crack in it. When we clean the filter and check everything over, we didn't notice a problem with the impeller. Now I really am wondering. I will have to order a new impeller just in case, and maybe another canister! Just what I want to do, lol!! Not!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store