38 gallon tankmate suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rhstranger

AC Members
Dec 8, 2012
South Western Ontario
Planted tank, with 6 yellow glofish and a couple firemouths. Think I'll be adding a couple ottos as well, or possibly a bristlenose pleco. But wondering about a gaggle of tetras. I've been to LFS, only has head and taillights, red eyes and candy canes. Think their colours are too similar to the firemouths. Looking for a complimentary colour to what I already have. My water is quite hard. Tank is planted fairly heavily. Suggestions? Or possibly other fish, looking more for a schooling/schoaling fish. Thanks!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have always loved the Candy Cane tetras, so even though you say the colors are similar, I would still like to have a large school of them with the Firemouths. Maybe 12+ total.

rhstranger

AC Members
Dec 8, 2012
South Western Ontario
Their fins are pretty neat, setting them apart from alot of other tetras. I did like that. They had Odessa barbs at the LFS too. Haven't seen those around here at all. Think a bunch of those would push my bioload too high though....It's been awhile since I was on here. Good to see you are still here imparting great advice, tanker. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store