38G Riparium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I'll want to see some details on that DIY project!! :)

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
:iagree:

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I will document everything for you guys. I've cleared it with Hydrophyte to make a DIY version of his planters as long as I don't use it to make money off of them.

I also built "legs" for the ligth fixtures to stand up on, I didn't really have enough time to take pics but I'll show you the end results

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Just a quick picture of everything I've been doing this past week. I need to get biger magnets though. Will probably try on ebay and see what they have. Does anyone have recommendation? I have 3 and they aren't big enough at all to hold on to not even half filled with gravel.

What I think I'm going to do is raise the water all the way up and use some sort of hooks and hook them on the side. That way it'll be easier to hold up the planters.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Wow, great progress!

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Thank you guys. I currently have the pothos in a planter but there's only about 2 gravel-length much of gravel since it can't hold. I filled the tanks up all the way so I'll just create hooks for them to latch on to.

fastlight81

AC Members
May 22, 2010
What kind of magnets are you using? At work I have earth magnets...and those suckers grab on to anything. Have you tried those? I like the work...more pictures!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store