3g tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
I'm not bad at all, I just won't take any crap from turbo jock trying to pick a fight he can't win. It's not my fault I run circles around someone who has a wooden brain... I ain't about to slow down on account of some no account.

:shark:

Rowangel

I like fish with tarter sauce
Jan 20, 2006
Champaign, Illinois
lol, I didn't mean to say your bad at all...but it is funny that you do design, I do design and we are both leos...I think your often right, if maybe lacking tact sometimes... :D

jwddboy

An Oddball Man
Apr 8, 2006
Personally i'd say 5gal minimum for a beta. With good filteration, gravel, heater, plenty of oxygen and light. Because people sell them in a cup doesnt mean they are happy there! I know I wouldn't like living in a wardrobe where I had to go about all my days buisness in that confined area! That's a cup to a betta and no filteration or bad water quality makes it worse. If you do however keep it in a 3gal I reccomend frequent water changes and the above mentioned things as standard.

_newbie_

AC Members
Jul 26, 2006
New Zealand
I think I'll keep it as an observation tank but put some live plants in it. BTW anacharis sounds good. Would the tank be too small for Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae?

_newbie_

AC Members
Jul 26, 2006
New Zealand
probably have to trim the anacharis pretty often.

im planning to aquascape my 10g (once the goldfish move to their new home). fake plants are so blah.

IMO a betta in a quart would be like a person living in one room. its big enough to move around but itd get soooooo boring.

Ms.Bubbles

AC Members
Sep 26, 2005
_newbie_ said:
I think I'll keep it as an observation tank but put some live plants in it. BTW anacharis sounds good. Would the tank be too small for Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae?
Good idea. But without fish in the tank, you'll need to feed the plants on a regular basis--either fish food or a tiny drop of fertilizer like Flourish.

Also, hopefully you have a filter for the 3g. Otherwise, you'll need to circulate the water from time to time to get the nutrients around to all the plants. You didn't mention your lighting, so I'm assuming you already have some for the tank.

Sammie7

Get funky wit it!
May 28, 2006
Florida
You wouldn't want a bubbler as it would drive co2 from the water and the betta wouldn't need it either as it breathes from the air.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
If you want to keep this tank as a quarenteen tank....I wouldn't put live plants in it..some meds you may have to use will kill the plants. I don't know if I would add any fish to it or not....if you QT'd a fish in there that ended up being sick with something, your healthy fish may end up getting it too..or..you would end up treating a healthy fish for an illness it doesn't have when you have to treat the sick one. :huh:

A basic bare bottom tank with some hiding areas is usually good for QT tanks because you want to be able to clean it out easily.

EDIT: Great ! lol....another incident when I reply..not being aware there is more than ONE page to this thread... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store