4 gallon tank, 2 tiger barbs and 1 fish i dont know the name of.. need help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hosanna16

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Real Name
Zach
he/she acts pretty well, mostly sticks to the corner by where the water filters i've read that this is a sign (at times) of high Ammonia which the tanks is not fully cycled yet, i do water changes daily and use prime to make the Ammonia non-toxic until i can change it again hopefully im doing it right so if there's anything im missing please let me know and thank you Glabe!

Hosanna16

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Real Name
Zach
lol i just have bad luck at the moment starting out, plus taking advice from Petco workers seem to be a bad idea lol

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
lol i just have bad luck at the moment starting out, plus taking advice from Petco workers seem to be a bad idea lol
Most pet store workers only know what the training tools teach them. Or they forget that and defer to "common knowledge," which is anything but knowledge. Find an employee who knows about fish if you can, and only talk to that employee

Hosanna16

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Real Name
Zach
yeah i hear you, you have any idea's on what fish i can have in this small of a tank? besides a Betta please. Also if i get a 10 gallon how many tiger barbs can i keep in there?

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I wouldn't put any tiger barbs in a 10 gallon. I'm used to enjoying how they act in larger tanks. In the long term, they get large and very active. You can Google "nano freshwater fish" to find a lot of great examples like galaxy rasboras.

A ten gallon would open up your options for things like Kuhli loaches and cory cats

Hosanna16

AC Members
Feb 5, 2014
Real Name
Zach
not many options with what i have then, i wanted to an 225 gallon or a 75 g minimum but were on a lease so they dont allow stuff that big in case it breaks and spills!
Thanks for all you help though!!

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Might be hard to find but we love CPDs or celestial pearl danios. A LFS might be willing to order them for you.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
If your interested in a smart and spunky fish for a tank that small, you should look into dwarf puffers. They are also known as Pea puffers. They stay at about an inch long and are a TRUE freshwater puffer. My advise to you is: Research research research. When you find a fish that you like you can also come here and ask any question about the fish, if anyone had/has them, and whats their experience was like.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store