40B stock and plans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have not read the entire thread but i have a few comments on the stocking. I would drop the angel - at least my angles would not want to be in my 40B - just barely enough vertical room for a mature angel. Also i would not put gold zebra in there - dwarf loaches are fun fishes and a fraction the size of gold zebra.... It isn't just the length but the bulk - also they love to jump....
-
Ok I skimmed the thread you replaced the gold zebra with kuhli - good choice.
The minimum height of a tank for angels should be 18” tall. My 40B is roughly 19-20” tall and I never had an issue. I’ve had angels for a little over 10 years, my oldest was 8 years old. My blue marble is 2 years old and roughly 5-6” tall and my koi is 4” tall and 8 months old.

I’m doing a major over haul on the tank but the other fish that are staying is the blue angel, all my barbs, loaches, stunted featherfin, and bettas. I’mtaking the koi angel, gold kribensis, and platys to a lfs for store credit and maybe get some plants and a bristlenose pleco.

Reactions: Sprinkle

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Can you expand on the dimensions of your 40B. A standard 40B is 16 inches before substrate (36x18x16 - L,W,H). I'm curious what kind of tank you have since you said your 40B is 20 inches tall...

The minimum height of a tank for angels should be 18” tall. My 40B is roughly 19-20” tall and I never had an issue. I’ve had angels for a little over 10 years, my oldest was 8 years old. My blue marble is 2 years old and roughly 5-6” tall and my koi is 4” tall and 8 months old.

I’m doing a major over haul on the tank but the other fish that are staying is the blue angel, all my barbs, loaches, stunted featherfin, and bettas. I’mtaking the koi angel, gold kribensis, and platys to a lfs for store credit and maybe get some plants and a bristlenose pleco.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I have an aqueon. The dimension they are listing are the outside dimension. That 17.125 includes the frame height and glass thickness. The actual interior is 16ish. In my 40B i have 2 1/2 inch substrate - i think your substrate (from picture) is closer to 1 inch so that should leave around 14.75 inches of water height (you don't fill it up to the very top i presume). Is that fine - it depends on your angels but it is certainly less than the 18 you suggested above. I keep my angles in a 120 (24 inches high) and use a 29 (18 inches high) when i have to isolate one.
-
Anyway you said you had 10 years experience with angels so I'm sure you will notice if there is a problem when the angel reaches full size and address it then....

Reactions: FishAddict74

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The 17.125 is the width and the 19.25 is height. I fill the tank all the way. The blue marble is full grown at this point in time, got him as an adult. The largest angel I had was 7-8” tall but she was a veiled angel.

If I noticed an issue I address it with me tank.

Reactions: Sprinkle

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
You might find this link useful. It is a pdf from aqueon that list the size of your tanks. I'm not doubting the dimensions of your tank but something is off a bit if it is an aqueon 40B:

----

Hum. Aqueon does have a 50 gallon tank that is 36L 18W and 19H-- that seems to match your tank so perhaps they sold you a 50 and labeled it a 40B.

The 17.125 is the width and the 19.25 is height. I fill the tank all the way. The blue marble is full grown at this point in time, got him as an adult. The largest angel I had was 7-8” tall but she was a veiled angel.

If I noticed an issue I address it with me tank.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Giving one of my angels, the platys, and albino kribensis to my dad. And the loaches to my stepmom. I added 6 green cories and 2 peacock spiny eels. The eels bury themselves so I’ll very rarely see them. Maybe trade my blue angel for my stepmom’s blue gourami. Not entirely sure yet.
Sounds nice! <3 those eels get huge to :O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store