40B stock and plans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
Giving one of my angels, the platys, and albino kribensis to my dad. And the loaches to my stepmom. I added 6 green cories and 2 peacock spiny eels. The eels bury themselves so I’ll very rarely see them. Maybe trade my blue angel for my stepmom’s blue gourami. Not entirely sure yet.
if you need any advice on the eels I can give it, make Sure they get bloodworms. If they were from petsmart they aren’t peacock eels they are a different abeit closely related species which gets around 6-8” don’t worry about fish being eaten by them except for like microrasbora because their mouths are tiny

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
You might find this link useful. It is a pdf from aqueon that list the size of your tanks. I'm not doubting the dimensions of your tank but something is off a bit if it is an aqueon 40B:

----

Hum. Aqueon does have a 50 gallon tank that is 36L 18W and 19H-- that seems to match your tank so perhaps they sold you a 50 and labeled it a 40B.
Same happened to me make sure it isn’t the rims

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
I’d skip dwarf neons if I were you because they stay kinda small I’m not sure if you shop a lot at petsmart but the employees are idiots and at mine I can get bosemani rainbows for 2 dollars apiece which is almost wholesale because they can’t tell the difference in bosemani and Australian rainbows. Both are very cool fish and get 1-2” bigger then the dwarf neons

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
If I was you I would not do any major remodeling to the tank maybe throw details in and fill it out with plants and occasional new fish and just let it get mature. Community tanks with big healthy fat fish which are used to you and when your eels stop hiding you will have a perfect tank. circ eels (what yours is if it’s from petsmart) are one of the best fish and will show interest in you. please send a pic of the eels if possible

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
If I was you I would not do any major remodeling to the tank maybe throw details in and fill it out with plants and occasional new fish and just let it get mature. Community tanks with big healthy fat fish which are used to you and when your eels stop hiding you will have a perfect tank. circ eels (what yours is if it’s from petsmart) are one of the best fish and will show interest in you. please send a pic of the eels if possible
I had this tank for over a year, planing on adding some more dragon stone and get large crypts to fill out the corners. The eels came from a lfs(not petsmart, they never have any) and they are true peacock spiny eels. They are known to dig in the substrate and come out to eat at night. I put in pellets in at night for the catfish and eels to eat. I don’t have any neons in the tank anymore, swapped them for gold barbs. The gouramis a still skittish of me but thats fine.

this is the only photo I have of the eels besides theirheads poking out.32A9A702-B569-47F7-901C-FC291F5C7283.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: dudley and Sprinkle

NoahLikesFish

AC Members
Dec 1, 2020
Indiana
Real Name
Noah
good choice getting 2 they tend to be more social like bichirs and other polypterus and most other eels and will huddle together sometimes

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
They really like to hide for awhile till they feel safe enough to come out. I still need to add rocks and fix the one piece of wood. I had lost one of my corydoras this morning out of no where, going to do a water change in the morning and test the water tonight when I get home.

• Sad
Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store