4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
hey, hey petester! Any progress on the in home ocean? :)

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Im a widow and my kids are grownup and out of the house so I have tons of time to work on projects. Pete is now a new father and husband which means IMO that the tank with its needed revisions will probably be taking a back seat to family indefinitely, as it should. I remember when I was a young father and husband giving, selling or trashing many a languishing project.

shane.holcomb

AC Members
Dec 12, 2012
Muskegon, MI
I just spent 3 days reading this entire thread. Im very new to this forum. Ive recently become addicted to aquariums. Before i ever got into the forums i had drawn plans for the aquarium id like to build (400 gallon) once we buy a HOME. Pete and his dedication to his project have been very inspireing to me. I have a 4 and 3 year old so i know he will be taking some time off from the build. but once he notices how that baby will watch fish all day long the build will be back on. it will be like a permanent nanny. My other hobby is Bonsai. I wonder if i could incorpoate bonsai in to the aquarium realm. Maybe have the bonsai on top of aquarium and let the root system feed from aquarium..... ??? Everything starts with an idea. Hope to see more of ur progress in the future. thanks

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
Just read most (every 3 pages of so) of this thread. You're living my dream. Very jealous. You have to try to get a barramundi for this beast! Honestly the best monster fish IMO. Any updates?

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
anyone hear from pete?

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
He is a Local Guy - I here from him all the time on a Local Forum. I think he is Busy with his Family =)

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
He is a Local Guy - I here from him all the time on a Local Forum. I think he is Busy with his Family =)
Arkangel, when you hear him, anything he says about his 4300 Gallon? Just curious, can't imagine Pete to have done nothing at all since the last update.
Hope he got it running and is enjoying it by now.

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Its funny - Right after I posted that last post he updated a Local thread! last week Pete and Ken took the Sheetrock down and refilled the tank to try and local the exact spot where the tank is leaking. They did identify the exact spot where it was leaking and are now working to come up with a plan to fix/seal that one spot! I will post u guys with any new updates =)

ZSandmann

Obey the Corgi!
Jun 25, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Real Name
John
Pete! I don't know if you even remember me but I came to your house for a SELAS meeting when you first started this project. Then I moved to Texas and have been out of the look since its nearly impossible to keep fish here. Anyways, congrats on the wedding, the baby, and the mostly finished tank!!! I am moving to Covington in January and we have bought a house in Lake Ramsey, I see you have friends up there so I was curious if we could share contacts, I really can't wait to get back into aquaria.

Z

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store